If you’re a beer lover, you’re going to adore Prague. Here beer is life. From hearty meals paired with brew to lager cheaper than water, this country runs on ale. Yet, it’s romantic too. Buildings with Baroque curves and Gothic spires line the Vltava River as visitors relax in paddle boats. Families, friends, and couples picnic on Střelecký Island as they watch the sunset on the river. It’s easy to fall in love with Prague.
Before you arrive, I recommend watching The Honest Guide Prague. This is a video series made by two locals that provides extremely useful information for visitors. They even cover tourist traps that could seriously ruin your trip!
When you arrive in the city, pick up a Prague USE-IT guide as soon as you can. It is a map that is made by locals with suggestions on eating, shopping, drinking, going out, chilling, and seeing. There are also useful tips to get around, such as, public transportation advice, how to act like a local, and useful Czech vocabulary. To pick up a map, click here to see where they are distributed. You should get this your first day and keep it in your pocket while you explore.
I lived here for a a few weeks and have put together a color coded map of sightseeing, entertainment, restaurants, cafes, and bars suggested to me by my local friend Rebecca (check out her awesome Instagram here!), the USE-IT guide, Honest Guide, and my Marco Polo Guidebook. This map covers the best of the best. I recommend you click here to view the google map on your phone while you explore the city. It will make it easier to see everything you can while you’re in town!
The map is also embedded below. To filter according to category (restaurant, bars, etc.) click on the square with the arrow in the left top corner then check the boxes of what categories you would like to view. To share this map with friends/family here is the link: http://bit.ly/PragueMapGuide
(Blue dots on map)
- Charles Bridge
- Prague Castle
- Wallenstein Garden
(Purple dots on map)
- Eating Prague Food Tour – Six unique culinary experiences and a tour of the city – eatingpraguetours.com
- The Beer Spa – Bath in a barrel of beer while you drink unlimited beer – beerspa.com
- Prague Beer Museum – See the history of beer, how it is made, and have a beer tasting – praguebeermuseum.cz
- Jazz Dock – Great live music in an intimate environment – jazzdock.cz
- Bio OKO – Retro cinema in a functionalist building – biooko.net
- Jatka 78 – Experimental performance space – jatka78.cz
(Yellow dots on map)
- Nase Maso – Proper czech butcher, great place for sandwiches – nasemaso.ambi.cz
- Lod’ Pivovar – Brewery & Czech Restaurant on a boat – pivolod.cz
- Mlejnice – Traditional Czech cuisine with rustic atmosphere – restaurace-mlejnice.cz
- T Anker – Hidden rooftop beer garden & restaurant with incredible city vista – t-anker.cz
- Restaurant Zvonice – Secret Restaurant in a bell tower – restaurantzvonice.cz
(Orange dots on map)
- Styl & Interiér – Rustic garden cafe – stylainterier.cz
- Kočkafé Freya – Cat cafe with coffee – kocicikavarnapraha.cz
- Ema Espresso Bar – One of the best coffees – emaespressobar.cz
- Daruma – tea, hookah and games – daruma-tea.cz
- Angelato – Incredible ice cream – angelato.cz
- Můj šálek kávy – Excellent coffee in a hipster atmosphere – mujsalekkavy.cz
- Peklo, Nebe, Ráj – Excellent tea house with tons of variety, including bubble tea, and alcoholic drinks – pekloneberaj.cz
- La Boheme Cafe – Possibly one of the cutest cafes i’ve ever been in! – labohemecafe.eu
(Green dots on map)
- Beer Geek Bar – 500 types bottled beer, 32 beers on tap – beergeek.cz
- Pípa Beer Story – 160 types of Czech craft beer – pivotekapipa.cz
- U Fleků – A pub with 500 yrs brewing tradition & unique beer garden atmopshere – ufleku.cz
- Pivovarský Klub – Over 900 types of beer – pivovarskyklub.com
- AnonymouS Bar – Excellent cocktails, has a V for Vendetta vibe – anonymousbar.cz
- Hemingway Bar – Classy cocktail lounge inspired by the author – hemingwaybar.cz
- Cash Only Bar – Drinks & hot dogs – cashonlybar.cz
- Cross Club – Industrial themed club that hosts concerts, parties, and all different types of music – crossclub.cz
We stayed at an airbnb located only 15 min from the center of town via public transportation. It was fantastic for our two week stay because the internet speed was extremely fast (130 mbps), the kitchen was well stocked, it was across the street from a grocery store, the host (Štěpán) was fantastic, and, most of all, we LOVED the bedroom. It felt incredibly homey! Štěpán even came by twice with local beers during out stay!